[FFmpeg-devel] HELP

Andreas Setterlind gamester17
Wed Feb 20 12:19:57 CET 2008

Back to the original thread, (still needs a better subject summery
header though).

On 2/20/08, kenyeby <kenyeby at yahoo.com.tw> wrote:
> I think VaAPI  is a good start  for us.

Great! Let us hope that some FFmpeg developer(s) will volunteer. Maybe
you could also contact the author of the VaAPI project, Jonathan Bian
(jonathan.bian -at- intel -dot- com ), as you can see from his email
address he works for Intel so he may be your competition in this
hardware area however they have stated that VaAPI should be an open
standard API which is platform independent and they do not mind other
competing companies using this API.
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/vaapi

On 2/20/08, kenyeby <kenyeby at yahoo.com.tw> wrote:
> Of course, you can ask us to provide more if it is not enough.

I am sorry but to exactly which of my question were you answering (you
will need to clarify that for each of your answers in the future,
including your answer to this question)? Can I assume that you meant;
"yes, we will provide any volunteering FFmpeg with free hardware
samples in PCI or PCIe card format", or?, and if so how do they need
to proceed to receive those cards (just give you their individual
shipping addresses or?)? Also, there was the question about detailed
documentation of the hardware to make the development of this
possible, do they all need to sign a NDA or not?

Best regards / Andreas