[FFmpeg-devel] [patch] allow build env to force sdl-config path via $SDL_CONFIG

Diego Biurrun diego
Sat Feb 16 15:56:25 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 10:30:58PM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2008 10:08 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 09:11:59PM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > > that wouldnt matter to you as the intended audience of ffmpeg
> > > developers is quite narrow.  after all, the relevant systems that
> > > would actually be capable/desirable for doing multimedia playback
> > > allows for assumption of up-to-date functionality.  all of the
> >
> > Looking just at the asm optimizations ... ffmpeg must work at least on
> > x86,ppc,alpha,sparc,arm,blackfin,sh4
> > Anyway, if you want to compile ffmpeg on a VAX (with some POSIX OS),
>
> you're looking at architectures (most of which imply Linux), not
> operating systems.  as you say, recent-POSIX systems are of value.
> anything older an ffmpeg will not configure/build.

We are indeed not interested in building on such platforms.

> > > are you suggesting that switching to autotools would take very little
> > > time indeed ? ;)

Robert Bultje took the time to replace our build system with autotools.
He achieved less functionality with more lines of code, but it seemed to
work for him.

> ive looked through the latest version of configure in svn trunk and it
> is certainly much tighter than the last time i looked.  most of the
> behavior i had to patch around has been replaced with
> traditional/expected behavior.  which is to say the current result
> mimics a standard autoconf script fairly well.

Great, so we have managed to be as good as auto* without all the gripes.
Case closed.

Diego