[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] replace some static with asm_visibility?or?so

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Feb 16 15:06:26 CET 2008

Hello,
On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 03:37:11PM +0200, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> By the way, a few days ago I had a talk with some guy on #ffmpeg, he tries
> to build ffmpeg for iphone. Appears that Apple uses a version/fork of gnu
> assembler which is so ancient/broken

Tell us when Apple creates a toolchain that is not a complete mess.
Everything else is business as usual.

> Or is it up to Apple to fix their assembler?

In theory yes. Don't expect it to happen this century though. If any
other of Apple's programming tools is any indication the will add new
bugs and incompatibilities at at least the same rate as they remove
them...
I'd say if it is simple and clean, fix it. Otherwise leave it to someone
who cares enough to find a simple and clean fix (not sure if kidnapping
Steve Jobs would fall in this category though ;-) ).

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger