[FFmpeg-devel] [patch] allow build env to force sdl-config path via $SDL_CONFIG

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Fri Feb 15 22:45:22 CET 2008

Hello,
On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 04:09:39PM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> if you wanted to decrapify the ffmpeg configure script, you'd start
> using pkg-config which is much easier to control in a cross-compiling
> environment.

And "regularly" broken in the normal case, if I had a penny for every
time some package forgot to add something to PKG_CONFIG_PATH or what it
is called or just giving the wrong output (especially for static linking
it is often broken)...
Not to mention the non-availability of pkg-config in some cases.
Still, using pkg-config + providing a "emulation" sounded tempting in
past discussion but so far nobody has gone forward to prove it
workable...

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger