[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg does not build with latest gcc SVN

Mike Melanson mike
Fri Feb 15 22:38:22 CET 2008

Alexander Strange wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2008, at 7:05 PM, Mike Melanson wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have time to investigate this problem again. The first thing I
>> noticed
>> is that the build command in question does not fail if -O0 is
>> specified
>> rather than -O3. Are the gcc maintainers less sympathetic to these
>> types
>> of bugs?
>
> Nope. Also, 4.3 rc1 is coming out really soon, so don't be too slow.
> You can even leave out the delta if you're having trouble with it.
> I'd report it, but I don't have a working G4 these days.

I haven't made a move on the matter. It looks extremely complicated to
submit a worthwhile bug to gcc.

Now I know how outsiders feel when trying to submit a bug to FFmpeg.

Will this signal the end of PowerPC as a viable Linux platform? :)

--
	-Mike Melanson