[FFmpeg-devel] Patch - Allow disabling of bit reservoir when encoding MP3 audio

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Feb 10 21:36:56 CET 2008

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 08:23:58PM +0000, Paul Kelly wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
> > The second patch is ok with the exception of the wmaenc change
> > the first as well as the wmaenc change of the second is a bloated mess
> > Code must always be as simple as possible for what it does, that is
> > if(flag set) print warning. To do that one needs at a maximum 2 lines of
> > code. You add 11:
>
> It can't just print the warning,

ohh yes it can

> because there is an assert that will fail

no theres an assert testing an internal wma variable, which you mess with
but that is not needed for printing a warning
The code setting this variable is unneeded and ive rejected it, maybe i wasnt
clear enough. But the code is unneeded thus rejected. Ive missed that there
is also an assert which would fail as well if you didnt after setting the
variable to 1 setted it to 0 again.

> later. But actually I'd rather not change the WMA stuff; it's not
> important to me and I suppose it is not really needed until someone
> implements the bit reservoir there anyway.
>
> So can the patch go in without the WMA bits?

ive ok-ed it if someone is willing to extract that part and applies it ...
id guess your chances are around 10-20% for that to happen. If you resend
a clean patch your chances would be more like 90%.

-- Albert Einstein