[FFmpeg-devel] transcoding on nvidia tesla

Mike Melanson mike
Fri Feb 1 04:04:58 CET 2008

Zoltan NAGY wrote:
> Mike Melanson wrote:
>> FLOP = floating point operation. Video codecs generally operate in
>> integer space. No matter; the hardware can probably do wonders with
>> integers, and with many more at a time than floats.
>>
>> I don't dispute that the card has exciting possibilities. But it will
>> require someone knowledgeable, talented and interested to get ahold of
>> some hardware before this initiative goes anywhere.
>>

> Maybe an other SoC? :-)
>
> I for one would be interested in something like that.

Project: Nvidia Tesla parallelization and other optimizations

Requirements: Student must be able to work within the unusually
stringest constraints of the FFmpeg team; student also must purchase
US$1600 piece of hardware, forsaking school tuition and food budgets if
necessary.

At least we wouldn't have cause to doubt their commitment to the task.
--
	-Mike Melanson