[FFmpeg-devel] FFMPEG fails to convert .mov - "Cannot allocate temp picture"

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Sun Dec 28 23:03:33 CET 2008

Baptiste Coudurier <baptiste.coudurier <at> gmail.com> writes:

> >> http://the13thfloor.org/4friends/tigani-mide2.mov
> >>
> >> No matter what I try or the target format I choose, it always fails
> >> with the same error:
> >>
>  >> [...]
>  >>
> >> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x177a110]stream 0, error opening file
//tigani-mide.
> >> mov: Invalid argument
>
> Your file is a reference file pointing to external file, however an
> error occurs when opening external file. You should check the path and
> access to '//tigani-mide.mov'.

I'm not totally convinced that this is a complete analysis, but I rather think
ffmpeg is missing something when reading this file (at least sound, but maybe
also video).
Did you test mplayer tigani-mide2.mov -demuxer mov ?

Carl Eugen