[FFmpeg-devel] Hardware decoding of 35Mb AVCHD streams

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Dec 27 13:32:45 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 01:18:33PM +0100, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> Hardware acceleration: I think the dust will have to settle a bit
> before this get integrated since some of the ways it's implemented by
> the hardware vendors is a bit controversial here....

Though everyone who is in a hurry can try to get their own version
applied. While there is good reason to prefer a patch from NVidia, who
made the patch is not very important...

> > I saw a patch a few days ago. Out of curiosity, when will we be able
> > to decode using hardware acceleration?
>
> Like for (almost) everything in OpenSource: when it's ready. :)

Note that there is no patch for hardware decoding in FFmpeg, there is
only one to skip most decoding steps and export the mostly-encoded data,
which is then _decoded for display_ in _MPlayer_.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger