[FFmpeg-devel] Internal handling of subtitles in ffmpeg

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Fri Dec 19 14:05:47 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 01:41:13PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> for ffmpeg as a converter, pure bitmap subtitle support is not practical.

That's not what I meant to say, I was only trying to say that unless you are
converting to (or from) a bitmap format or display subtitles,
AVSubtitleRect should never be involved because its assumption of any
kind of a (single, fixed) coordinate system makes it unsuitable for anything else.
A corollary to this was that thus subtitle decoders should not be used
for anything that does not create (pure) bitmap subtitles.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger