[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Move swscale into FFmpeg repository

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Fri Dec 19 00:47:28 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 23:12 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Diego says it's possible to move it into the FFmpeg repository with
> correct interleaving of history.  I don't know what that would do to
> people's git-svn trees though.

If you significantly modify the history then the trees would have to be
rebuilt. For unmodified trees or ones with only rebased changes this
shouldn't be too much of an issue except for bandwidth and time usage
(which could be mitigated by fixing the git-svn mirror at
git.mplayerhq.hu to be better suited for starting individual git-svn
repositories, so it wouldn't be necessary to transfer all old versions
with svn protocol).

Trees with more complex changes and merges in old history (FFmpeg-mt at
least) would need more complex handling. Either they'd need manual
history rebuilding to recreate all history as if it'd been based on the
new history version, or a simpler merge with the new history (whose
effect on the latest repository tree would be to just add the
libswscale/ subtree) which would likely work for merging further updates
but leave uglier history.