[FFmpeg-devel] ALAC encoder is not bitperfect

Jai Menon jmenon86
Thu Dec 18 10:44:26 CET 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:06 AM, Brent Huisman <brenthuisman at gmail.com> wrote:
> When comparing source wavs with ALAC encoded files, I consistently get
> framecount (and playtime) mismatches. It does not depend on the
> sourcefile, it mismatches time and time again. Is this a known bug?

Please report the svn revision you are using, the build platform,
configure flags etc. Also upload a snip of the original
wav file to incoming.mplayerhq.hu.
http://ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html should be more descriptive.

I'm sure this is not a known bug, because otherwise I wouldn't have
submitted the encoder for inclusion in the ffmpeg codebase :-)

> If not, can this be fixed?

I'm sure it can, once you give us the information we need.

--
Regards,

Jai