[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] H.264/SQV3 separation: h264data.h

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Tue Dec 16 22:51:09 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 13:10 -0800, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Uoti Urpala wrote:
> >> You know, what is called "proof".
> >
> > What would it prove? I already gave the results.
>
> No, you threw numbers saying something you cannot prove, and you assume
> we should trust your words. This is stupid.

I told you the facts, and I told you how to verify them if you want to.
What's stupid is your argumentation in this thread.

> > You can't reproduce the same ones so it's pointless to give the exact
> >  same code. But you should be able to reproduce the existence of
> > random variation with the method I gave.
>
> If I cannot reproduce, your point is null and your claim is absurd.

I just told you how to reproduce the existence of random effects. And
there are lots of other facts that you're _not_ capable of reproducing
and which still are not "absurd".

> >> What are you trying to say here ?
> >
> > That you can't reproduce the same random values I did. If you want to
> >  verify the existence of random variation you need to find the
> > samples that show differences on your system.
>
> This is pure absurdity.

Why? You couldn't find any stupider and less constructive way to argue?

> >> That no benchmark ever can be trusted, because it has everything
> >> has random effects on every system ?
> >
> > That has nothing to do with what I was saying in the part I quoted.
>
> Let's go forward, will you ? This has everything to do with what you
> said.

You quoted some text and asked whether that was what I was trying to say
"here". So I answered that it was not. And I added this part: "But what
I've said elsewhere in the thread is basically that small benchmark
changes show little else than the absence of very significant changes
either way.".

>  You claim that since every change produce random effects on every
> computer, no benchmark is worth, no proof is worth being showed.

You snipped the part reproduced above where I clearly say something else
and then wrote this false claim?

> If you want to say anything, please give valid arguments.
>
> This is all absurd and stupid IMHO.

I think you should take your own advice. Try to give some actual
arguments instead of repeating "absurd". Your inability to form a
coherent argument is what makes this stupid.

> >> Im saying that your point is void because the current code is
> >> assumed to
> >
> > Which "your point"?
>
> I won't repeat myself. You are intelligent to understand and no playing
> around, I hope.

I in turn am not certain whether the content of your post is due to your
relatively low intelligence or if you're intentionally behaving
stupidly.

> >> not contain anything useless, and adding "useless" code would be
> >> stupid, but I thought mentioning this would be useless as this is
> >> obvious.
> >
> > Your comments here are such complete nonsense it's hard to even tell
> > what mistake you're making and correct it...
>
> Blabla, playing around won't make your point valid, I say your point is
> void, because code is assumed to not contain anything useless, so
> nothing useless will _ever_ be added, so don't even consider it nor talk
> about it. Is it so hard to understand for you ?

That adding unused code affects performance in essentially random ways
means that changes to meaningful code will also cause similar "random"
performance changes as a side effect.

> Debating with you is really tiring since you make so many efforts to
> show that you do not understand what people say while you obviously do.

I honestly thought that you'd understand the point above. Sorry if I did
not adequately consider the limits of your intelligence.