[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] H.264/SQV3 separation: h264data.h

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Tue Dec 16 21:32:56 CET 2008

Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 11:48 -0800, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>> Uoti Urpala wrote:

>>> I deleted it already - it was just random stuff to add code size.
>>> But you can get equivalent effects in a few tries. Just add a
>>> global (so it's not optimized away) function in the middle of
>>> h264.c and write random stuff there.
>> Well, considering the "random" factor is discussed here, I won't
>> take words for granted. If you want to make your point valid, give
>> a code example.
>
> How would giving a code example affect its validity?

You know, what is called "proof".

> Did my description of the change not give enough information about
> it? It's not like you could yourself verify that the particular
> example I used behaves the way I said - it's unlikely the random
> effects would be the same on your system.
>
> If you want to test the random effects yourself I gave one way to do
> that above.

What are you trying to say here ?
That no benchmark ever can be trusted, because it has everything has
random effects on every system ?

>>> By "useless" I mean both unused code and code which is executed
>>> but makes no difference to the computation result.
>> I hope and assume this is not the case with current code, so your
>> point is void.
>
> Your comment makes no sense whatsoever. What are you trying to say?

Im saying that your point is void because the current code is assumed to
not contain anything useless, and adding "useless" code would be stupid,
but I thought mentioning this would be useless as this is obvious.

checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no