[FFmpeg-devel] dependency problems

Luca lucabe72
Sun Dec 14 14:44:53 CET 2008

Hi Diego,

On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 13:35 +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
[...]
> > Or is building from libav* subdirectories unsupported?
>
> Is this really such a problem?  You can always just run
>
> make libavformat/libavformat.a
>
> or similar to skip building all libs and binaries...

I am not saying that this is a problem, but I did not know that building
from a subdir is unsupported, and I think this is not documented.

I apologise if I am missing some documentation, but I think that this
silent failure without any notice is is the problem: I was going to
commit a broken patch because of this (I entered libavformat, I modified
rtp.h and some .c files, I did "make" and I saw no failure, and I was
going to do "svn commit"... But I forgot to modify a .c file, and my
patch was broken. Fortunately, for some reason I ran "make" from the
main directory and I noticed the problem).

			Luca