[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] allow overriding of $nm

Måns Rullgård mans
Sun Dec 14 01:13:24 CET 2008

Jacob Meuser <jakemsr at sdf.lonestar.org> writes:

> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 02:14:14PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> > some systems like OpenBSD lack a POSIX-conforming nm tool.
>> > Now obviously I am not motivated to try to get them fixed,
>>
>> Sadly, neither are the OpenBSD maintainers.
>
> *sigh*
>
> that really adds a lot to ffmpeg development, doesn't it.

What is that supposed to mean?  I was obviously talking about the
maintainers of the OpenBSD nm tool.  You have repeatedly told us you
are not one of them, so why do you act so offended?

The OpenBSD nm does not follow the standard.  Nobody is denying that.
You said you had attempted to contact them and received no reply.  I
conclude that they are not interested in getting the tool in line with
the standard, and I find this situation a bit sad.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com