[FFmpeg-devel] Start at arbitrary locations

compn tempn
Fri Dec 12 06:16:30 CET 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 23:48:34 -0500, Bobby Bingham wrote:
>On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:04:13 -0800
>Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:
>
>> FFmpeg has the -t option to specify how many seconds should be read
>> from an input file. But I can't find an option to specify a number of
>> seconds to skip at the beginning before processing the input. Is
>> there such an option?
>>
>> I know this may sound like an ffmpeg-user question. But I ask it here
>> because A) I'm special; and B) if there is no option, are there major
>> technical limitations to implementing it? I might be willing to
>> expend the effort.
>>
>> Thanks...
>
>$ ffmpeg 2> /dev/null | grep time | head -n 1
>-ss time_off        set the start time offset

i was thinking of starting a glossary in mplayer docs.
some people search for 'seek', others search for 'fast forward'.
they may miss the correct option if they dont use the word that we
chose.

anyone have a suggestion of how to implement it?

-compn