[FFmpeg-devel] Possible new devices (ALSA, X11)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Dec 8 23:40:30 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 11:35:55PM +0100, Fran?ois Revol wrote:

> > > Except SDL works on more platforms than X11...
> > > But OTH it's way too slow here for video playback, so I suppose a
> > > BeOS
> > > backend wouldn't be too bad.
> >
> > what about adding mplayer libvo support to ffplay?
> >
> > though i guess reinventing the wheel is more popular ...
>
> I don't think libvo has beos support though...

well thats because you didnt add beos support, most other things
open gl, direct3d, libaa, libcaca, fbdev, vidix, dga, xv, ...

are supported, if now someone just wants to add x11 support to ffplay
i guess that could be done as such but with more i really think it would
be a lot more features per work if someone added mplayer/libvo support
(and you added beos vo support to mplayer, or fixed beos to support any
 of the standard vos efficiently)

Democracy is the form of government in which you can choose your dictator