[FFmpeg-devel] libavcodec h264 crashes

David DeHaven dave
Fri Dec 5 22:31:11 CET 2008

>> I can make a portion of the file available for testing if needed.
>
> yes please upload some of the file (if the partial file causes
> crash...)

Uploaded a 10 meg clip:
/MPlayer/incoming/Hauppauge-HD-PVR-1080i-AC3-crash/Hauppauge-HD-
PVR-1080i-AC3-small.ts

It's not the same clip as before, but it crashes in the same way. I
tried uploading a text file describing the crash (as per instructions)
but it says "553 Could not create file", let me know if you really
need that or not...

Playback with "-demuxer lavf" is dicey. It decodes OK, but video seems
to play back at 1/2 rate and AV sync goes way off. If I use -framedrop
it complains about pts values (pts value <= previous) and I get no
video. At least it doesn't crash :)

Incidentally, 720p and 480p clips from this thing play just fine. I
haven't tried 480i yet.

-DrD-