[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] better ogg seeking, keyframes only

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Dec 1 10:59:06 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 10:43:33AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> I used the samples from
>
> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/Theora/

I feared so. Problem is, those in
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/Theora/theora_testsuite/
seem to have no problem any way.
E.g.
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/Theora/WobblyWindowsIntro.ogg
is definitly broken anyway, it has artefacts even without seeking, so
that it does not work does not really tell you much.
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/Theora/ED-small-sample-file.ogg
does not work either, but again even the decoder does not print a
warning, so not even the decoder notices that it is not a keyframe?!?!?!
So far my best theory is "99.9999% of all ogg files are broken beyond
repair and can only be played when the decoder is directly messed into
the demuxer". Which of course means trying to fix our demuxer is pointless.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger