[FFmpeg-devel] DVCPRO HD: request for review

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Sun Aug 31 22:16:53 CEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 21:33 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 06:35:34PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > We can easily change the commit emails to use diff -w, if that's what
> > people want.
>
> That way someone could (unintentionally) randomize indention and move us
> a step closer to mplayer.c style without anyone noticing

You could include another patch changing the indentation in the same
mail, or versions of the patch with and without -w (in case they differ
on >= N lines). I think the former would be strictly better than having
commits creating incorrect indentation and then mostly pointless "fix
indentation after previous commit" mails on the list and as separate
commits in VCS history.