[FFmpeg-devel] DVCPRO HD: request for review

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Sun Aug 31 22:11:03 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-30 at 22:51 +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> To make this more clear: If it is not easy to follow/understand in the
> way it arrives on -cvslog basically no-one will do it, IMHO loosing most
> of the benefit of developing as "Open Source" (not that I expect
> everyone to agree on this point).

Claiming that "most" of the benefit of open source comes from VCS
mailing list review is so exaggerated that it's IMO just silly. Linux
was developed for a long time without even using a VCS at all, yet it
still got most of the benefits of open source development. Also I think
most benefits such review does give are equally applicable in a
closed-source environment with multiple developers, so mentioning a
open/closed source distinction at all seems pointless.