[FFmpeg-devel] split 3iv1 from h263.c

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Aug 27 08:30:16 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 07:21:22PM -0400, compn wrote:
> i saw diego split mdec from mpeg12 file
> just wondering if the same could be done for 3iv1 ?
>
> any other codecs need their own file ?

According to what I understood from what you said on IRC, I think the
question you are trying to ask is the following one:

Why is 3IV1 disabled in libavcodec/h263.c?

#if 0 //3IV1 is quite rare and it slows things down a tiny bit
#define IS_3IV1 s->codec_tag == ff_get_fourcc("3IV1")
#else
#define IS_3IV1 0
#endif

Has anybody run any benchmarks lately?