[FFmpeg-devel] libavfilter help

Vitor Sessak vitor1001
Sun Aug 24 07:58:48 CEST 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 05:15:36PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> which is the place where to discuss libavfilter issues?
>
> ffmepg-dev when its about patches and development of libavfilter
> everything i guess /dev/null

You can always try ffmpeg-users and #ffmpeg for non-development stuff,
but there is no warranty of receiving some answer...

>> Since I'm quite tired to tell on ffmpeg-user others to help completing
>> it, I think it's arrived the time to do something myself...

Nice! I've put some work on it some time ago, but I've been out of time
to do hard core development... The last thing I was working on was
trying to factorize and cleanup the code used in both ffmpeg.c and
ffplay.c patches (by creating a vsrc_buffer input filter). I'm attaching
a patch to what I have in my local tree. I didn't committed it yet to
the soc tree because it exposed some bugs in both vf_overlay.c and
vf_split.c.

There are two things really missing in SVN to be able to enable the
first filter:

1- vf_scale (the sws_scale wrapper), that is needed for getting the
colorspace right. That correspond to very few code lines

2- the patches to ffmpeg.c/ffplay.c

>> I have already implemented a trivial noise filter, I'm interested into
>> developing the blur filters mentioned in the TODO file.
>
> libavfilter needs to be merged into main svn, see the disscussions about
> it between me and vitor
>
> new filters are fine as well but arent really terribly important ATM

I agree. New filters are welcome and I would be glad to have a look at
them, but I think that getting lavfi committed should be highest priority.

-Vitor