[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Multiple inclusion guards in headers

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Aug 18 00:55:31 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 12:38:24AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 10:52:13PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > I never commited such trash

> > > i like commits cleanly split
> >
> > Very well, but my point still stands.  It's not worth documenting every
> > little mistake in the subversion history.  I never said that all
> > revisions of pca.[ch] you committed are worthless, but some are just
> > useless clutter that should better have been merged into the initial
> > revision.
>
> which version do you think is useless?
>
> -#if 1
> +#ifdef TEST
>
> ?
>
> The original really was not a mistake it was intended that way when it was
> written. Nowadays testing code is under #ifdef TEST so i changed it to that
> This is IMHO valid history not some "ooh it doesnt compile"
>
> It is not some history ive extracted from somewhere, it is the file as i
> had it (and that was working just not integrated into current ffmpeg) and
> then myself fixing & integrating things.

Seeing you update this to current FFmpeg on -cvslog was not particularly
enlightening, nor is having this in the history of particular value.  So
now I know that this used to be '#if 1', because it was written against
an old version of FFmpeg.  What have I gained?  IMO nothing except
clutter in the repo.

Diego