[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Multiple inclusion guards in headers

Robert Swain robert.swain
Sun Aug 17 20:17:49 CEST 2008

2008/8/17 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 06:44:27PM +0100, Robert Swain wrote:

>> > Sorry but if i commit code with a clear notice that it will be cleaned
>> > up ASAP and diego replies with nothing more than
>> > "(sigh)"
>> > then i really think you are now complaining to the wrong person about
>> > starting something
>>
>> I did not see your notice about cleaning it up ASAP and maybe Diego
>> did not also. But why not clean it up beforehand and then commit it
>> rather than committing it and then cleaning it up. You would expect
>> others to clean their code before committing, would you not?
>
> I wanted to preserve the history of pca.c/h
> thats why i commited it and then applied various fixes and improvments
> from ramiro and myself seperately
> and i also ask others to preserve history where possible ...

I'm not fond of enforcing strict rules when they're unreasonable. I
consider your arguments above reasonable and as long as committing the
code did not break anything in the mean time, I see no harm. After
all, the AAC stuff in trunk is in a non-working state.

If you made an effort to make these points known before committing
then your actions were also reasonable, as long as you gave people
chance to object.

Rob