[FFmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel] Duplicate options

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Fri Aug 8 09:03:18 CEST 2008

On date Thursday 2008-08-07 23:36:33 +0200, Diego Biurrun encoded:
> I stumbled over an old mail..
>
> On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 06:17:48AM +0700, Roine Gustafsson wrote:
> >
> > ffmpeg lists some options twice in the help:
> > -threads
> > -strict
> > -dc
> > -qdiff
> > -rc_eq
> > -aspect
> >
> > The subtitle options are also both in the Main section and the Subtitle
> > section:
> > -scodec
> > -slang
> > -newsubtitle
> >
> > It seems the duplication is due to some options being in ffmpeg.c and
> > some in libavcodec/utils.c. I don't really understand the difference (so
> > no patch from me), but my guess is they should be removed from ffmpeg.c.
>
> Stefano, this looks like something for you :-)

Eh eh... most of them are already gone, the only ones which are still
repeated are dc, aspect and threads, maybe we can fix some of them,
I'll give 'em a look hopefully in these days ;-).

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Foolish Funny Mastering Problematic Elastic Governor