[FFmpeg-devel] Patch for "non monotone timestamp" error

Diep Ho DHo
Fri Aug 1 17:47:44 CEST 2008

Thank you for the reply. But this is a bad news for us.

I want to draw your attention to our situation: Our files are encoded with mpeg1video and CODEC_FLAG_LOW_DELAY hence does not have any b-frames. And I find in libavformat/utils.c:790 (compute_pkt_fields)

Delay = st->codec->has_b_frames

that is dependent on MpegEncContext->low_delay. This variable is read in the sequence_extension_data which is not available in MPEG1, I think (am I right??). Hence low_delay is always 0. As a consequence, has_b_frames and delay above are TRUE. That might be why I had the "non monotone timestamps" error.

If the flag low_delay were correctly set, there would not be any problem.

Have you any idea of how to fix this in FFMPEG?