[FFmpeg-devel] h264_annexbtomp4 filter ideas, was: Collection of patches

Thorsten Jordan tjordan
Fri Apr 25 11:34:41 CEST 2008

Thorsten Jordan schrieb:
> Loren Merritt schrieb:

[...]
> To fix all this, one needs to know:
> * which SEI messages apply to the whole stream and only keep them (there
> are 22 types of SEI messages according to spec - do you know which one
> are global?)
> * should they get stored after SPS/PPS in extra data or keep their
> possibly mixed order
> * How the split API could be modified to do all this (see my other mail

Ok, to summarize:

- a h264_annexbtomp4 bitstream filter is desired.
- parts of it are similar to what a h264-parser-split() function would do
- it has to be researched which SEI messages may be stored in global headers
- it has to be researched how the order has to be for MP4: SPS, PPS and
then any SEI or if SPS-SEI-PPS would be ok (obviously not, or the
curretn mp4toannexb filter wouldn't work correct). Also
SEI-SPS-PPS-order for global headers seems bad as well.
- After this is know the splitter API has to be changed, for h264 it
seems that it does no simple split anymore, but rather some extracting
of stream parts as headers, leaving some blocks as rest that need to be
made contigous.

This may be some base for discussion or hint for anyone trying to write
the parts.

As I am today leaving my job working for a video oriented company, I
unsubscribe from the list and won't be able to provide these parts.

Thanks for this great library, for your help, for supporting open source
and best wishes for the future from me!

--
Greetings and good bye, Thorsten