[FFmpeg-devel] Collection of patches

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Apr 22 20:29:58 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 12:36:02PM +0200, Thorsten Jordan wrote:
[...]
> So thanks for reading so far and here are the patches:
>

> make libxvid wrapper use threads (supported with newest cvs xvid only)
> libxvidff_use_threads.patch

looks ok

> Make AVCHD (mts) files give better PTS values, as PCR packets are
> scanned ignoring the mts<->ts difference:
> mts_pcr_parse_syncbyte_check.patch

mans ?

> Do not split the h264 "headers" off too early, as when a SEI follows a
> SPS, split must not stop there but also include the following PPS:
> h264_parser_SEI_ignore.patch

This is IIRC wrong, correct solution was discussed somewhere on the
mailinglist.

> Set pixel aspect ratio for xvid wrapper:
> libxvid_set_pixelaspect.patch

This is missing a check for sample_aspect_ratios validity.

> Give name of two-pass-stats file to x264 (ugly solution though):
> x264_2pass_statfilename.patch

tabs

> undef DEBUG_SEEK in libavformat/utils.c as this causes much computations
> when opening large TS files (complete parsing of whole file on open
> instead on demand) - this was once rejected because it would break
> regression checks - I propose to adapt the check rather or to see why
> the check won't work when debug code is disabled! :
> proposal-undef-DEBUG_SEEK.patch

Why do the regression tests break with that?

If you really think that XML is the answer, then you definitly missunderstood
the question -- Attila Kinali