[FFmpeg-devel] Cleanup libswscale and reimplement GPL code under LGPL

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Apr 13 03:21:20 CEST 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 02:27:06AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 06:46:58PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > What would be the point? These arent linked or used by libav*,
> >
> > It would reduce license confusion in the libswscale subdirectory.  Plus,
> > the example code is supposedly something that people should be able to
> > copy and paste freely into their code.  libavcodec/apiexample.c is LGPL,
> > output_example.c has an X11-style permissive license.  I thought that
> > this was the purpose of these files as well.  They look rather trivial
> > in any case.
>
> Michael, do you give your permission?

sigh ... yes you can change the 2 files to LGPL

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For
even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Gandalf