[FFmpeg-devel] RFC: setting format parameters from the URL

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Thu Apr 10 23:52:40 CEST 2008

Hi Nicolas,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Nicolas George <
nicolas.george at normalesup.org> wrote:

> Le duodi 22 germinal, an CCXVI, Ronald S. Bultje a ?crit :
> > Then add that helper on top of AVOption to your application (and
> possibly to
> > ffmpeg.c). Don't add it to lav*, I'm glad all this crap will finally go
> away
> > and AVOption is getting somewhere, I've waited for something like that
> for a
> > long time.
>
> The whole point is that this feature would be available in any program.

No, it shouldn't. You shouldn't design UI programs where you pass
commandline arguments with I don't know how many undescribed constants. We
have enough of those. Can you please write a cute UI around AVOption in
Gtk+?

Ronald