[FFmpeg-devel] RFC: setting format parameters from the URL

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Tue Apr 8 13:08:44 CEST 2008

On date Tuesday 2008-04-08 12:37:59 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 12:05:13PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 11:53:36AM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
[...]
> > > BTW, there is some particular reason for which AVOptions has been
> > > implemented in libavcodec rather than in libavutil (and would be
> > > reasonable to move the code there at the next libavcodec major bump?)
> >
> > Is there actually a need for a major version bump? lavc already depends
> > on lavu always, so IMO there should not be a binary compatibility
> > problem, and the lavc header could just include the new lavu one.
>
> > But I had assumed that AVOption needs some things from lavc, which is
> > why it is still there.
>
> our simple arithmetic expression evaluator ...

... which also would be useful on its own in libavutil, but I can't
say about eventual binary compatiblity problems, so I don't know if it
is really required a major bump.

Regards.
--
Stefano Sabatini