[FFmpeg-devel] Cleanup libswscale and reimplement GPL code under LGPL

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Apr 7 23:51:13 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 05:06:19PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 04:59:01PM +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:
>
> > I think Michael agrees that re-implementing the tables generator makes
> > sense (and I apologize if I misunderstood this).
>
> yes, but IMHO that is a little weak for a whole summer ...

We can always find some extra tasks, rewriting libavcodec/fdctref.c
comes to mind.  I fear the alternative is to never find anybody willing
to tackle this task.

> Also what about politely asking walken to relicense the generator code
> under LGPL?

I did not succeed, good luck.

Diego