[FFmpeg-devel] Cleanup libswscale and reimplement GPL code under LGPL

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Mon Apr 7 21:27:06 CEST 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> yes, but IMHO that is a little weak for a whole summer ...

Originally it was about having a CELL scaler in, then I found out that
there was already an unmentored task about reshaping swscale and I took
it in the hope of having both going this summer (reshape swscale ->
implement SPU routines for it).

I have pretty much an idea on how much time will take getting both tasks
done depending on the starting knowledge. The swscale reshaping one is
mostly an exercise of patience while trying to make sense out of that
mess, programming cell requires some knowledge that you usually don't
have already and some good ideas on how to do (and probably some
try-benchmark-tryagain loops), so both could be quite time consuming.

If you don't care about reimplementing the gpl bits probably they could
be merged back but then I'm not sure who will be up for this task.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member