[FFmpeg-devel] Cleanup libswscale and reimplement GPL code under LGPL

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Mon Apr 7 15:42:28 CEST 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>> What do you mean by "completely reshaped"?
>>> And  "can be used"?
>> The swscale api isn't exactly documented
>
> Document it ...
>

>> and last time I had to use it I
>> found it a bit different than the rest of libav* and not as nice.
>
> elaborate

function naming a bit inconsistent (some camelCased some
underscore_separated), 5> params in many functions, large use of defines
while enums could be used.

>> I'd
>> like to have it in a better shape. Not to mention the internal
>> structure, that is a complete pain.
>
> elaborate

It intermixes mmx code and arch independent code, it uses some kind of
templating, adding other arches may lead to an unmaintainable mess.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member