[FFmpeg-devel] Cleanup libswscale and reimplement GPL code under LGPL

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Apr 7 14:29:29 CEST 2008

Hi Ramiro,

Ramiro Polla wrote:
[...]
> I've looked at the license headers and a few svn annotates from GPL
> files. What parts of the code is left in GPL?
As far as I remember, the main GPLed parts are:
- the SIMD optimisations
- the code used to initialize the tables used for RGB <---> YUV
   conversion (my experience is that it is particularly difficult
   to rewrite this code without looking at the source, or without
   having to modify the LGPLed code that uses the tables).

			Luca