[FFmpeg-devel] DaVinci DSP optimizations

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Thu Apr 3 00:45:52 CEST 2008

Mike Melanson wrote:
> Luca Barbato wrote:
>>> Unlike Multimedia Mike, I am not a strong supporter of Video Games,
>>> so I am not particularly happy with writing code for PS3s.
>> The CELL isn't just on ps3, you have it also on nice blades and other
>> designs (including as 4 SPUs + core2 in toshiba laptops).
>>
>> So don't consider it as helping sony ^^
>
> Further, I believe that Luca is able to arrange for a student to
> remotely login to a Cell machine. So there's no additional equipment
> cost for a student.

If that is still unclear, you'll have access to my ps3+crossdistcc box
and access to cell blades (courtesy of IBM). In addition I'll try to
come up with a recipe for using mambo for additional profiling and testing.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member