[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] support for Cam_PAL_D1_inter_Field_25fps_2.5MBS.mp4

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Apr 1 10:15:00 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 04:02:40AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Anyway, i think the following might be a fix, not to h264 being a mess but
> the actual issue here (Note i do not claim to fully
> understand the problem so what i say could be stupid)
>
> decode_slice_header() should check for the case of being feeded a second
> field without having the first done, it should return a special error code
> for that case.
>
> the code currently around the call to execute_ref_pic_marking() should
> be moved somewhere else, like im its own function. And this should be
> called from decode_nal_units() "when a field is done".

I will try to find time for it if nobody else does and supporting it in
the decoder instead of an AVParser is the preferred way.
I did not originally suspect the patch to be acceptable this way, I just
hoped it would clarify the issue.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger