[FFmpeg-devel] const abuse in rtp.c

Romain DEGEZ romain.degez
Mon Sep 10 16:04:00 CEST 2007

Luca Abeni wrote:

[...]

>> Not having examined the code closely (and to be
>> honest, it quite frightens me), I'm ready to believe that these uses
>> of s->buf_ptr are mutually exclusive.
>
> As far as I understand, the rtp_parse* or rtp_read* code should not even
> touch the buf_ptr field. Or am I missing something?
>
> BTW, that code has been introduced in r4306
> http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk/libavformat/rtp.c?r1=4168&r2=4306
> patch by Romain DEGEZ (Romain, are you subscribed to ffmpeg-devel?)

I am :-)

But quite frankly I sent this patch looooong time ago and my knowledge about
all these are everything but fresh ...

What I remember is that I wasn't satisfied at all by the way the whole rtp
thing was implemented but my goal was to be able to read mp4/aac stream
ASAP and rewriting all this code would have implied long and fastidious
exchanges with Michael (as noone was really interested in the rtp/rtsp part
of ffmpeg at this time), something I wasn't brave enough to face :-)

Feel free to change/alter/modify/delete/whatever....

Cheers,

--
RD