[FFmpeg-devel] Big companies taking advantage of ffmpeg developers

Måns Rullgård mans
Sun Sep 23 13:14:49 CEST 2007

"Logipole" <jpiquemal at logipole.com> writes:

> Hello
> I am ojne of the 'big companies taking advantage of ffmpeg developers'.
>
>> I've kept track of several recent ones on MPlayer's related projects page:
>>
>> * Konvertor http://www.konvertor.net/indexe.html
>> Multimedia file conversion utility containing FFmpeg that fails to give
>> credit. They even have our own unmodified windows-all codec pack for
>> download.
>
> The credit was originally in the help file. I broke that help file
> into several small ones and, i apologize, all the credit parts were
> forgotten.  I have now modified my About box, thi is now the place
> where the credits are written.  The install program creates a
> 'licence' folder whre i copy the different license files, the FFMPEG
> license is there.
>
> Sorry if i made something wrong, i apologize again.

I appreciate your effort to do things right, but you're still not
quite there:

- The ffmpeg.exe you're distributing is the GPL version (you used the
  --enable-gpl configure flag), yet the license file included is the
  LGPL.  Since you're using FFmpeg as a standalone executable you're
  probably OK to use the GPL version, but please fix the license file.

- I can see no FFmpeg source code or instructions for requesting
  source code on the web page or elsewhere.  Putting a tarball/zip of
  the FFmpeg source you've used on the web page is probably the
  simplest way for you to comply.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com