[FFmpeg-devel] [BUG] visual artifacts when playing FLV/H263

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Sep 4 14:07:05 CEST 2007

Hi

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 11:36:52AM +0200, Vladimir Pantelic wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi
>
> Hi,
>
> >> BTW, same artifacts seen with mplayer, the Linux Flash Plugin plays the video
> >> correctly:
> >>
> >> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2uuh0_wallstrip-blue-nile-inc-nile_fun
> >
> > its of no relevance what any tool does with a different file
> > the question is can anything play the file you uploaded?
>
> Well, its' not a different file, in the end the same .FLV file will be
> downloaded and played by the Flash Plugin, but as the Flash Plugin does not
> allow to directly open a .FLV file, you have to go through the website and the
> .SWF around it to play it...

the file you uploaded has artifacts encoded into it, i do not know what file
might exist on the site above as the link is not to a .flv nor .swf file but
rather a broken html which my html compliant browser will not render so that
it contains any links to .flv or .swf

-> please provide a _working_ link to the flv or swf

> > if not or you dont awnser then this reports is closed/invalid
> > if yes then provide precisse instructions how to reproduce that correct
> > playback of that file
>
> I did some more tests. I tried the official Flash 7 SDK (which I have access to
> but obviously cannot share) and this one renders the same "errors". The only
> player that seems to play this stream correctly is the current Flash 9 plugin,
> but I assume now that they somehow detect and conceal the error,

its of no relevance how they play the file, if an application can play it id
like to see it and i repeat i mean the file you uploaded not a url which does
NOT point to a .flv file

> so I rest my
> case for now.

good, just keep in mind that i will not look at future reports from you
until you have provided complete information needed to solve past issues

While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there
will be no State. -- Vladimir Lenin