[FFmpeg-devel] Raw h264 is the same as AnnexB?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Sep 2 01:05:28 CEST 2007

Hi

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 06:04:44PM +0900, ryujin wrote:

> Just wondering if there is a way for ffmpeg to convert a video file to a
> format that the AVC reference decoder JM (http://iphome.hhi.de/suehring/tml/)
> can decode like RTP or AnnexB bitstream format.

yes

> I am developing a small h264 decoder (Baseline profile only) and want to check
> with various streams but so far I am unable to convert my video files to a
> format JM can decode.

what you say makes no sense
there are reference streams, JM can decode them, your decoder either can or
cannot decode them and the result is either identical or not

also this list is for development of ffmpeg

No human being will ever know the Truth, for even if they happen to say it
by chance, they would not even known they had done so. -- Xenophanes