[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] move wmv2.c to its own file

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Wed Oct 31 00:25:34 CET 2007

Ivan Kalvachev wrote:

> 2007/10/30, Aurelien Jacobs <aurel at gnuage.org>:
> > Diego Biurrun wrote:
> >
> > > Here's another attempt at $subject that builds upon previous work.  It
> > > does compile, but it slightly increases the size of libavcodec.a,
> > > probably because I currently duplicate
> > >
> > > static VLC mb_non_intra_vlc[4];
> > > static VLC inter_intra_vlc;
> >
> > This is wrong...
> > Those vars are initialized in msmpeg4.c. The duplicated ones in wmv2.c
> > are never initialized !
>
> Good catch. I wonder how such serious bug have not been found for so long time.

Probably because this patch was never committed, and that no one
really reviewed it before...

> > Another problem is the usage of ff_wmv2_decode_mb in msmpeg4.c.
> > It shouldn't be used when wmv2 is not compiled in.
> >
> > I fixed those issues in the attached updated patch.
> > It may be good enough to be committed.
>
> Why are you changing ff_code012() to ff_msmpeg_code012() ?

I would say, for consistency. Every function exported by msmpeg4.c
have a ff_msmpeg4_ prefix.

> Do you know smaller patches are reviewed faster ;)

Right. I guess I should separate all the renaming (prefix adding)
from the rest of the patch. (Unless you are willing to do it ? ;-)

Aurel