[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Commit tags : security

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Fri Oct 26 19:46:40 CEST 2007

Ismail D?nmez wrote:
>> it would increase the security of ffmpeg packages in distros
>> at the expense of the security of ffmpeg svn
>> it would also significantly delay not only the point where a security fix
>> is made public in svn but also when it is made available from distros
>> having it public earlier forces distros to work faster :)
>
> 1-day early notice would do fine imho. :) But just CC'in the list for security
> issue after or before commiting would be fine too.
>
> Also we could share our distro patches in that mailing list.

And that would be good to avoid duplicating work and/or to coordinate
snapshotting.

I'd like to move to git to use tags to mark meaningful commits.

Michael start tracking swscale in git from it's fake merge into ffmpeg
would be that problematic?

lu

--

Luca Barbato