[FFmpeg-devel] more FFMPEG license and legal issue Q&A?

boku boku0712
Fri Oct 26 09:37:37 CEST 2007

Dear all,
    I'm searching about ffmpeg license legal issue. I found there's a page
of "License and Legal Issues" in the ffmpeg project web. Is there more info
about this issue?
My questions are as follows:
1. The framework of ffmpeg are protected in LGPL or GPL, aren't they?
2. Problematic items are those avcodec which are in the libavcodec module,
right?
3. Any precedent of suits or legal arguments because of using ffmpeg?
4. If only MPEG-4 and H.264 are included in our project, does it mean that
only MPEG-LA might take some legal actions against us?
5. We don't sell s/w player or embedded h/w player based on ffmpeg project,
we only sell a machine for users and they can use our packages to run some
a/v playing. Is it kind of illegal?
Sorry for the long problems~~

Best Regards,