[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg and vlc non-standard MPEG2 TS sequence

Måns Rullgård mans
Fri Oct 19 02:05:57 CEST 2007

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 06:58:25PM -0400, Jeff Downs wrote:
>> On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > there was a google summer of code project to write a better mpeg ts
>> > muxer, you can find the code in the soc svn
>> > help to clean that up, split it into selfcontained and clean patches
>> > and submit it for inclusion in ffmpeg is welcome
>> > (and of course if you could tests the compliance of the streams generated
>> > by the soc mpeg ts muxer that would also be very valuable for correcting
>> > bugs in it ...)
>>
>> Has anyone examined the soc ts muxer in any detail? If its
>> good/significantly better than what we have, I'd be willing to put some
>> energy into cleaning & splitting it. But I'm probably not able to
>> contribute at this point if it still needs substantial functional work.
>
> AFAIK it just needs cleanup and splitting.  Help on getting this merged
> would be very much appreciated.
>
> Mans, didn't you speak of a TS muxer of your own?  What happened to it?

Yes, I wrote one once.  Unfortunately, it only works well with
constant-bitrate input since that was an urgent need for me at the
time.  It could also use some general cleanup...

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com