[FFmpeg-devel] Bugreport: compiling fails with -fPIC used

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni
Wed Oct 17 00:21:36 CEST 2007

Hi!

Wednesday 17 October 2007 00:05-kor Balatoni Denes ezt ?rta:
> With asm *volatile* it shouldn't be a problem, imho. But I don't know why
> ebx can not already be assigned to one of the %0..%n stuff, which would be
> a problem.

Sorry, figured it out, ebx holds the GOT address. Well, apart from this
probably being a gcc bug, I don't know why this patch will be rejected. I
have guesses like code duplication and "fix gcc instead", but those are just
guesses.

bye
Denes