[FFmpeg-devel] Detect IPv6 on Darwin

Marc Manthey marc
Sat Oct 6 12:25:18 CEST 2007

hello streaming people around the globe

sorry for bothering you with my offtopic question regarding DSS and ipv6
since my questions are not answered  in the public apple  list , so i
am asking here,
because i saw a post  from a while ago

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2006-February/
007183.html

that refers to a document that needs to configured:

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009619199/netinetin6h.htm

so do i need to compile the complete package to
attchive ipv6 compactibility in Darwin streaming server ? http://
www.ctie.monash.edu.au/DSS-IPv6/

my setup is :
I am running 2 macintosh machines with osx lates versions, behind my
linksys WRT54G
with openWRT.org on a static ip , got a tunnel and a  /64 subnet from
sixxs.net
and like to stream from an ipv6 enabled DSS to an multicast enabled
network.

my idea :

I have a friend  ,Peter Rosen  he is an artist/ musican like me ,but
he lives in  hawai,
he is not a very techie person , but  very creative and has a great
mind and is founder of
<http://creativity.com>

i want to "relay " or "reflect"  his  stream from his QT broadcaster
or VCL to my ipv6 enabled DSS.

Could you give me a few hints with compiling  and set up , i never
did something like that.

I am doing this without any financial interest and i willing to share

a howto on my blog when i successfully get things working.

thanks for your time

all the best

Marc Manthey
--