[FFmpeg-devel] network / ipv6 / ... maintainer needed

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Oct 5 15:45:10 CEST 2007

Hi Ronald,

Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
[...]
>> And I do not know anything about IPv6 (I am on an IPv4-only network).
>> Everything I can do is to check that IPv6 patches do not break my
>> testcases;
>> I'll do that on next week (probably Monday).
>

> What are your testcases? If you have 1-2 for me, I can test my rtsp & udp
> patches to move over to ipv6 also. :-).
I have my own application using libavformat to stream RTP. The code is too
dirty to be published, but what my application does is similar to
ffmpeg -re -i test.mpg -vcodec copy -an -f rtp rtp://127.0.0.1:10000 -vn -acodec copy -f rtp rtp://127.0.0.1:20000 -newaudio
(test.mpg must contain MPEG1 video and mp2 audio - you can test with different
codecs by changing "vcodec/acodec copy"). The stream can be received with vlc
(by using the SDP printed by ffmpeg when it starts).

I also use ffserver for testing - just add en entry like this to the
configuration file:
<Stream test1-rtsp.mpg>
Format rtp
File "/tmp/test.mpg"
</Stream>
And use vlc or ffplay for playing the following URL:
rtsp://localhost:5454/test1-rtsp.mpg

But I have some bad news for you: I see that I have "--disable-ipv6" in all
my build scripts... I do not remember why. I am going to check, and I'll
let you know.

				Luca